Life is truly a journey. Mine began in Bakersfield, California, but three months later took me to northern Afghanistan 🇦🇫. I took the scenic route through India 🇮🇳 and Malaysia 🇲🇾, and am currently braving a four-year foray through higher education at Texas A&M University, studying Communication and Professional Writing. Along the way I’ve learned musicmaking, storytelling, the art of performance, and technological mastery.
As a storyteller, I aim to craft narratives that build bridges between cultures and ways of thinking. My favorite mediums are prose, poetry, interactive fiction, music, and theatre.
- personal essay: behind the name - the goal of a personal essay is to write a story about myself that reveals who I am. I chose to write an examination of my name and how closely it’s tied to my multicultural identity.
- audio postcard: the MSC - audio postcards mix passive field recordings with narration, painting a picture of a place through its sounds. This one is on Texas A&M’s Memorial Student Center.
- profile: math and macarons - one job of a writer is to portray other people; for this project I interviewed my roommate, trying to get a sense of who he is and what he values, then wrote a piece to faithfully convey that to others.
- photo essay: in memoriam - a picture is worth a thousand words, or so they say; depending on whether you agree, this piece is either 96 or 9,096 words. Working off of a theme I chose, the memorials we spread around our world, I took pictures to convey a narrative and the theme, with only an introductory paragraph to help contextualize the images.
Looking for something to do? Here are some ideas.
- Check out my blogs and read a few articles.
- Browse my coding projects and see if there’s anything you find fun or useful.
- Read A Rainless Sky, an interactive murder mystery set in a fantasy world with a magic system of my own devising. Based on your choices, you could go down one of three different major plotlines, each with different murderer/victim combinations!
- Read some of my published writing.
- Create a customized RSS feed so you can get updates about the things you’re interested in immediately.
- Learn about the crisis of space junk by watching my Ted-Ed talk, The Pollution to Our Problems.
- Look at Freedom to Write, the collection of projects I’m working on with the goal of moving the writing industry into the world of Free and Open Source Software.
- If you’re interested in computer stuff, you might enjoy tty1, my new blog about the Linux terminal.
- Send me a message and tell me about something on your mind!
- Follow me on my various social accounts such as Mastodon.